Logic Studio apps Problem with Actions-Current Set

Uwe Rodi

Logician
I have a Concert with 12 Sets with various Patches inside. Now I want to go the sets using a Korg Nanaokey2.
I made 12 Pads in Layout mode and assigned it to the midi inputs from the Nanokey. (Pad 1 - C2, Pad 2 - D2 etc.)
Now I went to Concert Level and assigned Pad 1 - Actions - Current Set - Range Max - 1, Range Min - 1. Result: I press C2 on my NanoKey and the first patch in Set 1 is aktiv.
Next: Pad 2 - Actions - Current Set - Range Max - 2, Range Min - 2. Result: I press D2 on my NanoKey and the first patch in Set 10 !! is active.
On Pad 3 similar thing but now Set 8 is active.
Seems to be a new problem in Mainstage 2.2 (I´m currently using 2.2.1) because I made the Concert with 2.1 and there the Set changes worked.

Greetings Uwe

I'm missing what you want to accomplish. Do you want to navigate to patches within a set? If so, why not use nest and previous patch commands from the action list?

I was able to map two keys on my Axiom controller to go through sets, two more keys to go through patches. I did not have to set ranges. I'm on 2.2.1.

The problem is that there are about 60 songs packed in 12 Sets. In the Live situation the bandleaders says "Next is set 9" or something like that. With the next-previous patch command I would have to step 40 times up.
With my "current patch action" I can press for example the c3 on my Nano Key to jump directly to set 12 first patch (if it would work ;-))
The previous / next patch /set is working.
Uwe

Uwe, I've now got Mainstage 2.2.1 and can confirm the bug, unfortunately. If we don't find a workaround I am afraid you have to go back to the previous version. Or use the Patch selection by program changes which is of course not comparable to jumping directly to a Set.

Bad times. I had to downgrade Logic because 9.6.1 hangs on startup and now I had to downgrade Mainstage because of this "Jump-to-Set" bug ...

... I had to downgrade Mainstage because of this "Jump-to-Set" bug ...
Looks as if I'm wrong. I checked the manual again and nowhere is an indication that jumping to a Set should work. Maybe this was unintended behavior in previous versions, not a bug in the current version.

Back