1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Problem with busses and auxes

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Chris Burke, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Chris Burke

Chris Burke New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help me with the following?: I've been usin Pro 9 (9.1.8, 32 bit)' since 2011 and never experienced any real problems until recently. However, over the last couple of months I've been plagued by a number of bugs and glitches. The most current is that I have found on one particular project that I can't bring up any more Aux channels than are already present in the project; i.e: everything was going fine as per, using bus and aux channels as usual, until 3/4 of the way through the project when, all of a sudden, if I attempt to bring up a bus /send no corresponding aux channel appears in the project. Also, I'm occasionally getting feeds to aux channels not related to those channels (eg: if track 7, for instance, is being sent only to Aux 10, for instance, I can get the feed from track 7 in, for example, Aux 6!). There are a lot of tracks in the project ( 120 plus as I have been multing for clarity of articulation) but not an overly excessive amount of data, I would have thought, as there is very little on each individual channel. CPU is pushing 60 percent, more or less, at transient peak. I use a mid 2011 iMac with a 2.5 ghz Intel core i5 processor with a 2tb hard drive and 16 gig of ram. OS is El Capitan. Plugins: Native Instruments komplete 10 ultimate (2015 and all updates installed), IK Multimedia Amplitube 3 (all updates installed), Izotope Ozone 7 (2015), and FX Expansion BFD Eco. I use a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSM interface (2011) with VRM and Saffire mix control as well as a Behringer BCF2000 b control fader as an automated outboard desk.

As I say, Logic has been doing weird things for the last couple of months: on another project it has been crashing repeatedly every fifteen minutes or so. Here the crash report usually reads as following:

Thread 0 crashed: : Dispatch queue: Com.apple.main-thread. 0Libsystem_Kernel-dylib-0x9096c572pthread_kill+10

Help! I'm a musician primarily and not really a technical person at all so any help would be massively appreciated.