1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Problem with pianoroll grid.

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Magnus Bjerkeli, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Magnus Bjerkeli

Magnus Bjerkeli New Member

So the problem I have with is minor thing and I can totally work with it, but it's really annoying and it messes up my workflow a little bit.
    I'm also new to this forum, so sorry if there already is a thread about it, but here it goes:

When i am in my piano roll and I'm trying to move or copy a note, what's been changed after I upgraded to El Captain, is that the note can only be moved either vertically or horizontally at a time. That means that i can not move it directly diagonally. I have to move it first to the side and then either up or down. This is hard to explain without visually showing you, but if you know what I'm talking about, some help would be greatly appreciated. This has been bugging my ass for a while now.
  3. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

It is a setting:
    Preferences ➤ General ➤ Editing ➤ Limit Dragging to one Direction in
    You can select the Tracks Window (dragging Regions) and the Piano Roll/Score (drawing Events)
  4. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

In addition to Edgar's comment you can hold down the shift key to override this setting. It inverts whatever is selected in preferences