Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Problem with Zones and Modes in Control Surface Assignments

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by frodo.jedi, Jan 20, 2016.

1. frodo.jedi

frodo.jedi New Member

Hi all,
    I have a nanoKontrol2 midi device, and I want to use its faders/knobs to control some
    parameters of the plugin effects in different projects. Specifically, I want to create
    various projects and control with that same device, either the same or different parameters
    of either the same or different plugin effects.

Can anyone be so kind to explain me how to achieve this with Logic?
    I tried using Zones and Modes, but it seems that I am not able to get their behaviour.

Let me do an example:

In Project 1 I have a strip with a piano software instrument with a stereo delay effect.
    I want to control the Left Feedback parameter with the first fader of my midi device,
    which is indicated with channel 1, CC 0.
    I create a new zone, called Zone1, with within the mode Mode1_Zone1, and I perform the
    Learn Mode process.

Then In Project 2 I have a I have a strip with a guitar software instrument with a
    stereo delay effect. Similarly to before, I want to control the Left Feedback parameter
    with the first fader of my midi device, which is again indicated with channel 1, CC 0.
    I create a new zone, called Zone2, with within the mode Mode1_Zone2, and I perform the
    Learn Mode process.

At this stage Logic prompts:
    "This control is already assigned to another parameter.
    Do you want to reassign the control?"

I choose "keep both".

The problem is that when I perform this second learning, Logic puts such a second learning
    in Mode1_Zone1, NOT in Mode1_Zone2 as I was expecting.

Why does this happens? I would like to have different modes independent from each other,
    so I can recall each of them for a different project.

Thanks in advance

Cheers