1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Problems opening Reason because of ReWire

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Taybot, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Taybot

Taybot Senior member

I have a really stupid question but I can't figure this out! I went to open Reason today and it says "the reason engine is already in use. make sure You only run one instance of Reason."

But usually, that just means Reason is open in my dock, so I hit quit on the dock and everything is fine. Today though, Reason isn't on my dock! So I don't know how to quit it.

Furthermore, when I try to close Logic 8 off my dock, it says "Please quit ReWire applications first."

Since I can't shut Reason down, I can't quit Logic off my dock and my computer won't even let me restart, all because it says Reason is still up. Can someone please help me with this??

Thanks alot!!

3. chugbry

chugbry New Member

Have you tried force quit?

click on the apple symbol on the top left of your screen and click "force quit"

It'll then give you a choice of the app you want to forcibly quit

Chug

4. Taybot

Taybot Senior member

yea i actually had to press the power button down for like 10 seconds to restart my computer cuz it wouldn't even let me restart it normal, since it said Reason was running. Next time I'll try force quit. Thanks!