1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Loops not changing key when imported

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Tallmale, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Tallmale

Tallmale New Member

Hi there,

I am a newbie with regards to using Logic Pro X and I have discovered that when I import a loop (which has a key of A sharp) from the Loops browser it does not appear to change key to the Project key which is C Major and so sounds out of tune.

I have also discovered that when I check some of the loops in the Loops Browser in their original key by previewing them that they are not in key either. I checked this by playing over these loops in the scale they are supposed to be written in.

Is there a way I can fix these issues? Because when I add a loop to my project I know its supposed to change key to the project key which was set when I first created the track. I also want to be able to add riffs and chords manually in the project key which is C Major and have everything sound as if its perfectly in tune.

Many thanks.
  3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Regarding previewing loops in their original key, set the "Play in:" pop up (at the bottom of the Loops browser) to Original Key.