1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Project Crashes on Play

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by LMPaule, Nov 4, 2010.

1. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

It seems like its my day for problems. :( One of the current projects I am working on has decided to crash LP 9 9.1.3. Each time I hit Play, I get the spinning pinwheel and need to force quit. I have loaded other projects and they work fine, so I am wondering how to fix this one. It has about 10 audio files that average 1 to 2 measures long. Each of this is used on about 5 regions apiece.

In an effort to fix, I have deleted the unused audio files. Note, this was done after the problem occurred. I have individually listened to all of the files/regions in the bin and they play fine. Any thoughts you have on how to recover this would be helpful.

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

You could try creating a new clean project, and then using the track import feature from the browser tab to bring the tracks over to the fresh project. It might do the trick.
  4. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

Eli, thanks. I had thought about rebuilding region by region but I hadn't thought about the track import. Before I was about to attempt the rebuild, I thought I would try one more thing. I turned off ALL effects plug ins and got the project to play. I then turned them all on again and it seems to work as it should. Not sure why it does but it does. I am now busy consolidating, what plug ins I can into a few buses.

Your advice and wisdom is always highly appreciated.

5. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

Part 2

There is more to the story. The project started crashing again. I used your tip of importing tracks to a new project. I think I was able to isolate the offending track by this method. I don't know why it causes the crash but it does. I still haven't worked out a complete solution but, I have more things to try. Anyone else who has had this issue, please let me know what you learned.