1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Export Query

Discussion in 'Music Creation' started by Chris Burke, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Chris Burke

Chris Burke New Member

Hi. Due to problems I have been experiencing within a project, I have mixed, eq'd etc, etc the project the best I could and then bounced the project out at the highest quality setting onto my desk top.

I have then created a new project in Logic and dragged / dropped the original bounced out data into this new project onto one stereo channel. This will now allow me to record my remaining parts (vocals actually) along with the bounced original project data.

I am obviously aware that I can no longer change the individual instrument balance or individual effects, EQ etc, etc on the original bounced project and am happy with this as I got all this as right as I ever would have been able to before bouncing out of the original project. I will also master in Ozone 7 when all the remaining pieces have been recorded.

However, my question is this: simply, will I have lost any information, data or audio quality on the bounced project in doing as I have? Also, will it affect - in any way I haven't considered, how the remaining instruments to be recorded "sit" along side the original bounced project when I attempt the final balancing of both that original project and the remaining instruments yet to be recorded?

Is there anything else I should know about doing what I've done?

Any advice would be greatly received.

Cheers:

Chris.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016