1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Pulling hair out....

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Rusty K, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Rusty K

Rusty K New Member

I did a live recording that is too long to burn to CD. I've set locators on the dead time between songs but I cannot figure out out to get the dead time deleted from the track. I've tried "edit/delete" with the region highlighted but the region just deselects and continues to appear and play in the track. This has got to be easy but I haven't figured it out yet.

3. gblack

gblack Member

You prolly need to take the scissors and cut the end points of the section you want to remove. Free-floating, it'll delete.
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

You need to cut the audio directly from the sample editor in order to physically alter the length of the audio file that's on the hard disc that you are trying to burn to CD. Editing in the arrange window is non destructive. You need "destructive" editing - available in the sample edit window - to permanently remove the audio and actually shorten the file in question.
  5. Rusty K

Rusty K New Member

No wonder I was pulling my hair out...duh! I knew it was simple although I haven't yet done much work with the sample editor. Guess it's time to learn.

Thanks very much.