Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 punch in/latency

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by greenbanana, Mar 31, 2013.

1. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

ive been using LE for 5 years. now all of a sudden when i punch in it appears to record properly but on playback it is way off by a second or so. is it a latency or buffering problem. system is up to date. mac pro 2007 8 gigs of ram

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Have you read about latency compensation in Logic docs?

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Any Linear Phase EQ, MultiPressor, or AdLimiter plug-ins in your signal chain anywhere??

5. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

thanks for your imput ...i am using no plug ins on the channel strips at all. It appears that when i punch in its exactly 1 measure to late....so to fit im dragging up the file 1 measue to fit. Like i said iv been doing this for years now all of sudden its doing it? im confused

6. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

It sounds fine during recording..its just the play back

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

What about the Region Parameter Box?

Are all the values neutral there, particularly the delay setting? It sounds liek maybe there is a value of 1 bar set in the Delay field. This would explain the behavior you are experiencing. ie: sounds fine when recording, but plays back wiht an offset.

8. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

thanks eli.... are you referring to the preferences>core audio>record delay?. im not sure where the region parmeter box is. I have the latency set at "0" what should the I/O buffer and process buffer be set at

9. Eli

Eli Senior member

I'm referring to the thru settings in the upper left of the Inspector. Make sure they are all at default values. Particularly the delay field.

Attached Files:

• RPB.png
      RPB.png
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
  10. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

yes . I hv LE my box does not have as many options as you show..but yes the delay is at "0"..how to you take a pic of the screen...i used to know that

11. Eli

Eli Senior member

Command+Shift+3 to take a screenshot of the full screen.

Command+Shift+4 to get a cross hair tool and take a screen shot of a selected area.

12. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Maybe posting a screen capture of your Arrange window featuring the problematic project could help us see what is going on?

13. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

will do thanks Atlas

14. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

i have the screen shots and explanation. but its asking me for the URL when I click on insert image

15. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

In the Advanced message input, you have to use the button Manage Attachments below the typing area, then select the picture file via the Browse... button and finally click on the Upload button

16. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

This is the shot right after the punch and then after i dragged it into the proper position. i thought it may the the "snap funcion" but a different setting didnt work

Attached Files:

17. Eli

Eli Senior member

It's hard to make them out from the screenshots, but there are definitely several plug-ins in your signal chain, both on the channel strip and the destination channel strip. Plus likely even more on the destination of those bus sends. It's quite possible one or more of them are latency inducing plug-ins like multipressor, ad limiter, or linear phase EQ. These are not corrected by using latency compensation.

Try using low latency mode. Or removing the plug-ins in the signal chain.

18. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

Well im stumped. I uplugged all plugins except the level meters. and chan EQ. also when i use the low latency button it shuffles the files as well out of sync..is ther something Here?

Attached Files:

19. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

also, i thought the problem might have been with my korg keyboard but it does it with a live guitar punch as well

20. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

BTW,what are you Snap and Drag setting in the Arrange window (menu bar to the right)?

21. greenbanana

greenbanana New Member

the snap it "smart " and the drag is "overlap". do the above screen shots i sent look correct?