1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Quantizing Audio

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by GaryW, Oct 28, 2011.

1. GaryW

GaryW New Member

Does anyone have experience with quantizing audio in Logic Pro 9 ? I am a bit confused on how the process goes.

For instance, if I compose a track with all audio tracks, (and no MIDI tracks) with a set tempo, can I quantize the individual tracks so there is no variation in timing like you can with MIDI tracks? I've tried a few times but no luck..

3. JuanTahnahmahrah

JuanTahnahmahrah Senior member

Have you read up on Flextime? It was a significant addition to Logic 9.
  4. GaryW

GaryW New Member

I have, but to no avail...Don't think I am understanding it. Any quick tips on it?
  5. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

6. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

If you want to get a bit deeper with Flex Time, check out Eli's tutorial at groove3.com. Not free, but a great way to learn the features.
  7. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Yes... the Groove 3 tutorials are fantastic, and the monthly thing is a great deal when learning Logic.

Mac Pro Video is also out there.
  8. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Good point George - macProVideo is also good - just don't know if they have one on Flex Time.

I also left off the caveat that I create videos for groove3.com, so people should add that in to my opinion, whatever it may mean for them.