1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Quantum Leap RA not recognized in Logic 9

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by sami, May 22, 2011.

1. sami

sami New Member

Quantum Leap RA,s Play is not recognised as an Audio Unit in Logic 9.

The 'Play.component' is installed in HDD > Library > Audio > Plugins > Components - along with some other 3rd party Audio Unit components. The 3rd party AUs show up in Logic but not Play.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and updated both Play and RA. Am I doing something wrong? I've emailed East West soundsonline for help but so far I've just received their boilerplate email.

Thanks for your help!

Sami

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Dd you take a look at the AU manager in Logic and see if it's there. If so, is it checked, or maybe it needs to be rescanned.

You don't mention wether it'd 32 bit or 64 bit Logic. Remember: you have to scan all plug-ins in 32 bit mode first so they show up in 64 bit Logic, right.

Any of these work?

4. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

It works fine here.
    I have Play version 2.1.02 working in Logic 9.1.3 in OS 10.6.7
    Does the standalone RA work?

In Logic, you should find it by clicking on the instrument slot, then AU Instruments, then East West, then Play.
    If you have more than one East West instrument, click on the Browser button and select QL Ra.

5. sami

sami New Member

Hi, Yes I forgot to mention I checked AU manager and it does not show up there.

AHHHH, thank you thank you. The starting up in 32 bit first worked! Now I vaguely remember reading that somewhere. But I couldn't find that in any of the forums or web sites I searched!

Much appreciated!:thmbup:

Sami

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

You need look no further than our very own Logic 9 FAQ ;)

kind regards

Mark

7. sami

sami New Member

Hey there it is #10. Thanks.

In my research I didn't come across any info with the 32/64 bit issue. I guess my brain was a little fried after taking 4 days to install and authorise QL RA.:frkout:

Thanks Again!

Sami

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life…Music and cats -
    Albert Schweitzer

8. RahulAllam

RahulAllam New Member

Hey Guys, I have the same issue as well. I have installed Play correctly and I can see it in my AU manager. Some how I am not able to 'Tick' the section named NODES. Could anyone please help me with this ?

9. RahulAllam

RahulAllam New Member

Hey Sami, How do you start Logic in 32 bit ? I dont understand that part .

10. RahulAllam

RahulAllam New Member

Hey George, How do u scan all plug in in 32 bit mode ? I have installed my Play and it does show up in the AU manager but I cant 'tick' the row Nodes.

11. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Nodes are for second systems running the Logic "Node" app. You would need to have a second system running both play and the node for it to even matter.

In other words, it's not important.

As for 32 bit and 64 bit Logic: open your apps folder, single click on Logic (you just want to select it, not start it up), then press the command key and the I key at the same time to bring up the "info" dialog. There is a 32 bit checkbox. When you install a new plug-in into Logic, you MUST scan the AU library in 32 bit mode for Logic to see it, even when running in 64 bit. I know, bizarre.. but hey, we're talking about LOGIC ;-)_

12. RahulAllam

RahulAllam New Member

Hey Thanks a ton buddy. It works fine now. Thanks a ton for getting back. I am Ableton user and just got on to Logic so have these initial issues. Cheers man !!