1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 quaver=quaver

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by hague161, Nov 9, 2013.

1. hague161

hague161 New Member

Hi all! Is there a way of indicating that a given time unit 1/4 note (crotchet) etc remains unchanged in a new section. In a piece that I am scoring the music goes from 4/4 (four in a bar) to 3/8 (one in a bar) Effectively the beat speed goes down by 1/3 (cos there are now 3x1/8 notes per beat.) In a score you'd normally just say quaver = quaver (using symbols not words) but Logic only has metronome marks (I'm using Logic 9 by the way) Is there something I'm missing, or does it exist in Logic 10?
  3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Logic doesn't provide these symbols (be nice if it would). It might be possible to do it with text entry and a music font.
  4. hague161

hague161 New Member

I suspected as much. You'd think that it would be no great problem to provide a library of commonly (and even less commonly) used terms and symbol under a button (to save display problems) It would certainly have been on my wish list for Logic X
  5. hague161

hague161 New Member

i Doug. I took your advice and behold the opus metronome font is the absolute answer. Quaver = quaver is as simple as typing e=e
    Thank you.