1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 question about exporting sidechained track

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by jrubbernek, Nov 1, 2010.

1. jrubbernek

jrubbernek New Member

Hi i have a couple of question..

1. I did a dance track where one the track is has a pad sound where it has a compresor with a sidechain from a kick assigned to it which results in a "pumping like affect" which you here a alot of dance tracks...I'm already finished with the track and when I wanted to export all tracks as audio files the "pumping affect" is not in the audio track, instead it just bounced the original pad sound without the pumping affect..is there a way how to export a track so that everything that I do to it is still there?:brkwl:
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

How about re-recording it by routing it to an unused bus, and then record enabling an audio track with that bus set as the input?
  4. jrubbernek

jrubbernek New Member

yeah I tried that, but that's not exporting is it?..so there is really no way of exporting it huh? I guess I'll have to wait for logic 10 then...(sigh)
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

At least it's a bit of a workaround. Once it's re-recorded, you can of course easily move the file to whatever project you want; either in the Finder or using the selective track import feature.
  6. charlie

charlie Senior member

How 'bout a Bounce in Place?
    I think I have done that with a pad once and the Sidechain effect was intact.
    Then you could just export that Bounced track instead...

I'm not in front of Logic right now so I can't varify this.
  7. jrubbernek

jrubbernek New Member

yeah i have tried this before but for some reason it does not work anymore..