Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Anyone using ProTools with Logic X

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by mofateam, Apr 24, 2015.

1. mofateam

mofateam New Member

I'm getting tired of the many issues I experience with Logics audio editing incapabilities. So I tried to set up Pro Tools to edit my audio in Logic, but every time I choose a file in Logic to process in Pro Tools, it opens but the audio file doesn't appear.
    Maybe someone does this and can sho me how this is done ?

3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I notice that, where previous versions of Logic kept Audio Files in a separate folder, Logic X combines all the information for a song into one inscrutable file, so I can't see how you're opening anything from Logic in Pro Tools without exporting first:confused:

That said, I chuckled when I read your post; now that I'm on Pro Tools 11 I'm wondering about editing in Logic instead - PT11 is so buggy I can hardly work!

4. mofateam

mofateam New Member

Hi Sonny, I chose PT11 to be my external sample editor within Logic, because years ago I did this in Logic 8, and the audiofile I wanted to edit openend in the external editor (I forgot which editor that was...) So, now Pro Tools opens, but then I have to import the audiofile within PT. This is clueless - I want to edit out pops and clicks in a vocal performance, and for that purpose PT works better, because the zoom in-function works much better, also the pencil tool. In Logic, the sample editor refuses to work on some files and randomly gives me the "this file is locked"-warning. Very annoing. But I find PT11 very buggy too (video engine is a mess). But LogicX is worse on wave-editing...

Maybe I go back to Logic 9...

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Sonny, that is an option you still can switch off, for example: file->save as, then under "organise my project as a" choose folder instead of package and logic will not bundle everything. FTR I never use packages, one reason being easy access to audio files in order to allow them to be accessed by other software.

kind regards

Mark

6. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Also in the finder file menu there is a show package contents option, that will reveal the folders.

:thmbup:

7. Earl Wilson

Earl Wilson New Member

moving sample from browser won't change key

I'm trying to use an audio sample from the logic browser to the project and I want to change the key as is supposed to happen by selecting the key from the choice at the bottom of the sample page. All the keys sound great in the browser...but they do not change when I move them into the project. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Earl