1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 quintuplet

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by edurbrow, Dec 13, 2012.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I am trying to get a score ready. I cannot for the life of me get a quintuplet. I've tweaked the midi and corrected for overlap, but every time I try to make a tuplet it says "Tuplet exceeds measure".

Attached Files:

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

If this is for score only, the N-tuplet should work fine for what you need. It's in with the triplet notes in the part box, last item. Drag it over first note and a box opens. Adjust parameters for your quintuplet. Should work.

4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

That is what I tried to do. I selected the 5 notes and pulled the N-tuplet thingy over it but when I chose 5 in 4 and 16th notes it gave me the "Tuplet exceeds measure" message. I even tried 32 notes and still got it.

5. Doug Zangar

I can make it work here.

Make sure your notes are evenly spaced (they look pretty good, actually).
    Make sure you don't have a user rest or some thing else not obvious to affect the rhythm.
    Crazy as it sounds, you may have to delete the notes, re-enter them and it will work......
    Look at my settings in attached screen swipe.

Attached Files:

6. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Thanks a lot. I'll have to play with it some more. That actually is pretty good general advice for many things. Sometimes it is better to stop beating a dead horse and start over.

The job was a rush job and is now finished. It did cause some confusion with the players, but eventually it got translated and through to them. I was in such a hurry. There was no time to put phrasing or anything.

7. Doug Zangar

Glad it all worked out. Yeah, it's hard to know when to throw in the flag and just re-do something. Doesn't always work, but it can.

Hopefully your players will agree to do future sessions...;)