1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 random substitution of audio files in sample editor

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by rainguitar, May 28, 2011.

1. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

On several occasions when I have double clicked on audio files to bring them up the sample editor, Logic has, in fact loaded a different file into the sample editor, often one I was working on in an earlier session. Sometimes I have to try repeatedly to get Logic to bring up the correct file.

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Is this happening with the current version of Logic, 9.1.4?

kind regards

Mark

4. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

No, it was with 9.1.3. But I saw nothing in the release notes of 9.1.4 that would indicate that they have addressed this issue. Then again I'm not aware of anyone else with this problem. Other than this issue Logic on my system is rock solid. In most cases the audio file I'm trying to bring up is a flattened and merged composite file. Not sure if that makes a difference. I have a 2 1/2 year old 24" iMac 2.8, 4 gigs of 800 ram and I run it in 32 bit mode. I use an Apogee duet, a edirol pcr 800 controller and my logic projects are on a G tech firewire 800 external drive.

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I would still update to the current version. It would not be the first time that something was fixed without being specifically mentioned in the release notes. If you would still like to keep 9.1.3, FAQ 11 tells you how.

kind regards

Mark

6. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

Thanks Mark,

I've already done that but I've yet to check if this is fixed. The thing is the problem is somewhat random. Most of the time it works fine so it might take a while before I notice the improvement.

Greg