1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Re-Linking EXS Sampler Instruments & Samples

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by coolcat, Sep 30, 2010.

1. coolcat

coolcat New Member

Re-Linking EXS Sampler Instruments & Samples

Re-Linking EXS Sampler Instruments & Samples

1 - Curious what you think of this concept:

I have an external drive that I'd like to be able to move to several computers and use as my samples drive. To keep things consistent, I thought it best to keep BOTH EXS Sampler Instruments & Samples on this drive. Then I can just create aliases of the EXS Sampler Instruments and drop them in the main logic support folder. That way I can easily just move the drive to either computer for the greatest flexibility.

Is this ok to do? Is there a better way?

2 - I'd like to re-link many EXS Sampler Instruments to their samples. I used to use the ExsManager Pro.app but that stopped working a while back. Is there another way to have logic do all the re-linking instead?
    Redhead Webcam
  3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it works fine to put an alias of Sampler Instruments in your Library/Application Support/Logic folder

Logic should find all the samples anyway. But EXSManager is a good way to speed the process, I would contact Redmatica support as normally this works very well.
  4. coolcat

coolcat New Member

Yes, I most likely will contact them. However wasn't there some way using only logic - to somehow accomplish the same goal of re- linking the sample instrument to the samples?
    bald pussy Webcams
  5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I vaguely remember something, but haven't had any such problems for years.

Is Logic just not finding the samples at all?
  6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

@ coolcat:

If something is wrong with the EXS Manager on your system, I strongly suggest you either contact Redmatica directly, or by posting here in the Redmatica Forum.

kind regards

7. Andrea Gozzi

Andrea Gozzi New Member