1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Real Time Mono Audio input Pitch Shift?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by David51, Aug 21, 2011.

1. David51

David51 Senior member

Does anyone know if this is possible? The Pitch shifter,not shifter 2 or vocal shifter, won't show the Project tuning settings, will it need a Live input to work? Or does it only work in Main Stage?

George Leger, this is what you mentioned which opened a whole new world of Logic possibilities, If it works in real time. I was not using it but I think this would have solved the semitone difference I was hearing on a stereo channel which worked fine when not record enabled. By hitting the record enable button I unknowingly open a path from my Audio/MIDI input 2 which somehow was audible without there being a channel strip for it. I can turn that input down but I would rather learn how the insert works, I tried it but it doesn't apply the Project settings 'Master tuning' and 'scale values', says its' 'disabled' well so am I but I still work.
    Anyone know how to fire up this effect?
  3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

How about using the Tuner plugin which gives instant tuning info on the audio input
  4. David51

David51 Senior member

Thanks Atlas, but the tuner plugin won't change the pitch of the incoming audio and that is what I am looking for.
  5. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

What about the Vocal Transformer ? It works in real time as far as I remember.

6. David51

David51 Senior member

Tangra, Thanks, I was using that but I don't know Logic well enough to get the thing to work, it may only work on Live Mic input for all I know.
  7. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Well, referring to your initial question, it is not clear what you are actually looking for...:confused:
    The Tuner would definitely give you the tune of what is fed with.
    And if you are looking for pitch correction, I would suggest that you read chapter 10 of the Logic Studio Effects manual, where you could surely find what you need regarding pitch correction, either realtime or post-production, extreme or subtle type...:D
  8. Eli

Eli Senior member

What about loading the audio file into the EXS 24 and then using pitch bend. That should do the trick.
  9. David51

David51 Senior member

Thanks, Eli, the problem turned out not to be in Logic but in the MIDI controller-an AKai EWI4000 Breath Controller that was used as a showroom model and the mouthpiece had been damaged by too many sax players biting too hard on it. I had suspected this and ordered a new mouthpiece [€25], and that solved many problems. As atlas pointed out I need to read chapter ten again, I wish there was an affordable e-reader that I could fill with all the Studio pdf Manuals and not have my screen filled with help and be unable to see the Logic project I was looking for help to get it going.
  10. jisley

jisley New Member

Pick up a used Nook or Sony that can read PDF's. I have all my DAW (and other) manuals, tutorials, tips, etc. On my Nook and my iPad. It's great for exactly what you describe - plus I can carry it all around when I'm traveling.

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.752518,-71.434660
  11. David51

David51 Senior member

Thanks jisley, that is good advice, I will look for a used Nook or Sony.