1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reamp level issues

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by nananias, May 23, 2014.

1. nananias

nananias New Member

I'm a newbie with reamping. Here's the set up:
    Dry track out of output 2 > apogee duet to Radial reamp box> effects pedal board> either Tonebone Bassbone or Avalon DI a5 > apogee input.

So I'm not sending the effected signal through an amp and recording that
    ; I'm trying to send the effected track back direct into the apogee.

So the problem is of levels. I'm not able to get the same level as the dry track; it's a significant drop off. and when I try to pump up the volume I'm feeding back. The input monitoring button on the dry track is off ( I read that somewhere).

Am I missing something or is my idea of sending the dry track JUST through an effect loop(if you will) and direct back into Logic not possible?

Thanks in advance.
  3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

The signal is probably being boosted/ cut by one of your effects.

You need to check and and adjust levels after each effect.

4. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

I assume that your hardware cabling is correct (balanced/unbalanced) and that your outboard works at the same reference level than your interface (+4 dB or –10 dB).

Instead of using output and input channelstrips, try with the I/O plugin.

This is easier because you don't have to deal with a lot of routing, monitoring buttons and such things. You have your output and input ports plus level sliders in one plugin. If you get a lower level this way, then your gear returns at a lower level or the interface dampens it somewhere.
  5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Also if any of the devices are battery powered, low power may affect gain.