Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 recording on multiple tracks and score

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by beljon, Jul 21, 2015.

1. beljon

beljon New Member

I have made a set up for a Kontakt choir library with many different instruments (= choral voices), and so I am using multiple tracks for this choir. When I want to record several voice-groups at the same time, I can use multiple recording, so recording on multiple tracks simultaniously. All 3 recorded tracks have different midi channels. I noticed several things when I view the result after recording several bars:
    a. The lowest recorded region has text like this: 'B Marcato phrase', the other (in this case) 2 recorded regions have text like this: B Marcato phrase, Track 63, Bar 1. So the text looks different (like an 'alias'), and there is extra text: 'Track 63, Bar 1'. Track 63 is the lowest recorded track.
    b. When I look at the result in the score, I see only one recorded system with all the voices in it of the 3 tracks that I recorded. So I see no score with 3 systems, but only 1 system with all notes recorded in it.
    When I click the other recorded regions no other systems become visible in the score.
    c. When I click the recorded notes with my mouse, I can only hear the lowest of the recorded notes. When I click the other notes there is no sound.

It looks as if in some way the lowest recorded track is the 'boss' track, and the others are followers, aliases, or ghosts of that track.
    In this case this seems very impractical, as I have to extract the different voices from one system and create a new score where I can see the different choral lines in their own systems.
    Normally it is one of the features of Logic that you can see many different systems in a score having there own sounds.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that I use the Kontakt library in Logic?
    I also think it may have something to do with the 'alias' system of the Mac.

Is there a way to make the alias regions look like normal regions (i.e. change the aliases in normal recorded regions) and so be visible as different systems and with their own sound?