1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Recording to audio

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Edgold, May 3, 2012.

1. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

:brkwl: I can't get the mixer settings right to record to an audio file.

I have all the inputs set the same except for the audio: input is "Vienna Inst" (VLS) and the sends are either left blank or set to bus 1. The audio track is set to input 1-2 and stereo out. There are either no sends or bus 1 to match the similar outputs.

In the audio preferences, I have had to change the built-in microphone input to "built-in input" for obvious reasons.

I can record off the built in microphone but it's not a good idea, and I know about bouncing, of course.

Ed Gold

3. forgetr

forgetr Member

You need to set the output of your software instrument track (Vienna in this case) to an unused bus. Then set the input of your audio track to that bus. Inputs 1-2 are inputs on your audio interface. Should looks something like this:

[​IMG]

4. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

Thanks.

That is essentially the way I set it up. The only difference is that, instead of "audio 1", it says "aux 1". The flow seems to be correct as there is a pronounced level on that instrument.

I wonder if it could be some sort of memory problem.

5. forgetr

forgetr Member

An aux is created automatically when you initiate a send or route an output to a bus. You can delete that aux because you aren't using it to record the audio output of your software instrument. You should have an audio channel strip that corresponds to the audio track I assume you've created in the arrange window.

Can you post a screenshot of your mixer here? It should help with the diagnosis.

6. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

Thanks Forgetra,

This time I deleted the aux first thing before I created the new audio track and it did show up in the mixer. And yes, it did record, so problem solved at least for the moment.