Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 7 & earlier Recovering files from 2004

Discussion in 'Logic 7 and older Versions' started by flinnsorrow, Apr 14, 2013.

1. flinnsorrow

flinnsorrow New Member

Hi everybody.

I was a Logic user in the year 2004. I had an iMac and a MIDI keyboard and I made a lot of compositions on Logic.

A lot of things had happened since that year, of course, but I don't want to bore you. The thing is that recently, I discovered my old Logic files from 2004. But now I'm a PC user and I can't open these files. I would like to hear again the things I was doing at that time.

Is here a kind person who could open the files for me and convert it to MIDI?

I know everybody is busy, but I'm hopeless. I googled all the possibilities and there is nothing I can do, as far I know.

Thanks for reading this.

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Did you ever get this resolved?

4. flinnsorrow

flinnsorrow New Member

No, it's not resolved. A friend of mine tried to open my files with Logic 8, but the program couldn't open it. It says something like "7.2.1. version required (or older)".

5. Doug Zangar

I'm pretty sure you need to find someone with Logic 7 - that message is correct.

Your files should be small enough (if you leave out any audio) to e-mail to someone, so if you know anyone on the planet with internet service and Logic 7 they could do it for you. I've done a bit of this for people, I do charge for my services. If you want to send me a file I'd do it for free and let you know the exact procedure I use so you know what to ask for from someone who might volunteer their services.

6. flinnsorrow

flinnsorrow New Member

Thanks, Doug. You're really kind.

Yes, there are no audios, so the files are really small. I'll send you by e-mail (seen in your website) one file, as you say.

7. Doug Zangar

Just to confirm I did receive your file and it's no problem to open in Logic 7.2.3, save and open that file in Logic 9.18. You'll get an e-mail back with the working file.

8. flinnsorrow

flinnsorrow New Member

Yes, I received. Thank you very much, Doug.

The fact is that I don't need a Logic file, only a MIDI to hear it. But the help is appreciated and now, I know that is possible to make it.

If someone volunteer the service, great. If not, we will talk again, Doug.