Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reFX Vanguard

Discussion in 'Music Creation' started by wilmot, Feb 13, 2010.

1. wilmot

wilmot Member

Looking at reFX Vanguard. Seems nice and versatile.
    Simple an straightforward gui - Enjoyed playing with the trancegate and arp sections in the demo.

Anyone have any opinions on this synth?
    Or comparable ones (within approx. price-range) to recommend as alternatives?

3. I like Vanguard a lot. As you say, the UI is nice and simple, and the great timed stuff still separates it from other synths. The only two downsides are that it seems to clip/pop easily and the built-in reverb is harsh. Not too difficult to work around.

Also check out Sylenth1 from Lennar Digital if you are on an Intel Mac. I tend to "get along" with the UI and it sounds great. GForce Minimonsta, and u-he ACE and Zebra are also worth a look and listen.

4. wilmot

wilmot Member

Thanks a lot for your input!
    I wound up buying the Vanguard. Now I'm struggling a bit with myself in applying it to a song - I wanted to have bit of fun with the step seq / arp, but keep leaning annoyingly much to much too conservative choices (a have a kind of gritty guitar part that I'm trying fit it with, which turns out to more difficult than I expected).

I liked the other synths you suggested as well, particularly the Sylenth1 which I think I might buy as well - It had a nice feel to it.

5. charlie

charlie Senior member

Check out the DiscoDSP "Discovery Pro."
    It is a robust synth similar to the Vanguard but has the ability to have more partials than the Vanguard.
    I own both. :)
    http://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/

6. headspawn

headspawn New Member

how to setup plugin?

Hi,
    can anyone help n tell me how to setup the plug in?
    when i downloaded the vanguard 7 Air 2, it had only 3 files,
    air.nfo
    setup.exe
    file_id.diz

is this right? i was expecting a DLL file or something.

thank you!

7. wilmot

wilmot Member

Don't know about a dll, but there should be a vst or rtas file in there somewhere. Running on a mac myself, but I seem to remember just getting the plugins to install. Perhaps the the exe does that for you, but shouldn't the be some resource as well then?