Logic Pro (X) Region Colours

Jay Denson

Logician
In Logic Pro X can anyone please explain the following:

I have 3 harpsichord tracks - Left - Mid - Right. I have coloured these tracks blue. Regions have been named by track name.

Harpsi Mid and Right are coloured blue but Harpsi Left has only a blue dot at the top left of the region before the region name.

Strange? I would appreciate knowing why. Maybe it's a glitch as the project was imported from LP9.

TIA Jay

Hi Mark

But it isn't muted - it has a blue dot and is otherwise greyed out as if muted. If I mute the other two tracks they grey out but don't get a blue dot. Still could be a glitch as a hangover from LP9. I'l start a new project and check it out because what you say makes complete sense.

Thanks Jay

Upvote 0
Jay, are you familiar with the difference between track/channel mute and region mute in logic?

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Dunno if I am or not!! If I mute a track in the mixer it shows muted in the Arrange window and the regions grey out. And vice versa. What am I missing?

Thanks so far.

Jay

Upvote 0
BTW I've only had LPX since yesterday. Before that I had LP9 for a few weeks and before that I retired after a long career as a mix engineer 25 years ago. So I have a lot to catch up on!!

Upvote 0
Region and Track Mute (and Region and Track Solo) have been around for a long time in Logic. Best thing is to go to the Help menu in Logic , enter "Mute and solo regions in the Tracks area" in the search field, that brings up a pretty thorough explanation.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Back