Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Colours

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Jay Denson, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

In Logic Pro X can anyone please explain the following:

I have 3 harpsichord tracks - Left - Mid - Right. I have coloured these tracks blue. Regions have been named by track name.

Harpsi Mid and Right are coloured blue but Harpsi Left has only a blue dot at the top left of the region before the region name.

Strange? I would appreciate knowing why. Maybe it’s a glitch as the project was imported from LP9.

TIA Jay

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

A dot at the top left corner of a region indicates that it is muted.

kind regards

Mark

4. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Hi Mark

But it isn't muted - it has a blue dot and is otherwise greyed out as if muted. If I mute the other two tracks they grey out but don't get a blue dot. Still could be a glitch as a hangover from LP9. I'l start a new project and check it out because what you say makes complete sense.

Thanks Jay

5. Markdvc

Jay, are you familiar with the difference between track/channel mute and region mute in logic?

kind regards

Mark

6. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Dunno if I am or not!! If I mute a track in the mixer it shows muted in the Arrange window and the regions grey out. And vice versa. What am I missing?

Thanks so far.

Jay

7. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

BTW I've only had LPX since yesterday. Before that I had LP9 for a few weeks and before that I retired after a long career as a mix engineer 25 years ago. So I have a lot to catch up on!!

8. Markdvc

Region and Track Mute (and Region and Track Solo) have been around for a long time in Logic. Best thing is to go to the Help menu in Logic , enter "Mute and solo regions in the Tracks area" in the search field, that brings up a pretty thorough explanation.

kind regards

Mark

9. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Got it!! Thank you very much. And thanks for your patience.

Kind regards

Jay