Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Relative tempo changes, content catch, etc.

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by joegold, Oct 13, 2015.

1. joegold

joegold Member

Hi

I'm a longtime Logic/Notator user but I only use it sporadically.
    So every time I sit down to do any work in Logic I've forgotten how to use it, especially after major updates.
    I was pretty good on Logic 9 but since the move to X I haven't spent much time with the program.
    I'm on the latest version of LX (10.2) and I'm using OS 10.10.5.

Here's the latest problems.

I've got a tune with a metric modulation from 4/4 to 12/8 (and back) where the 4/4 1/4-note becomes a dotted 1/4-note in 12/8.
    The metric modulation happens several times throughout the tune.
    This amounts to a tempo change that is 33.3333% faster for the 12/8 sections and I can enter that in using the Edit>Tempo>Tempo Operations>Scale Existing Tempo Changes command.
    But there doesn't seem to be any way to change the overall tempo again while retaining the relative new tempo(s) for the 12/8 sections.

Am I wrong?
    Is there some way to do this?
    Is there another way to specify relative tempo changes?

Also, in previous versions of Logic X I'm pretty sure that if I clicked on the Catch Content icon that this feature would be enabled until I defeated it by clicking on the icon again.
    But now, every time I do this or that operation the Catch icon gets disengaged and I have to click it again which is a pita.
    How can I get the old behavior back?