Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Replace Track (BIB)

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by HKC, Sep 19, 2015.

1. HKC

HKC Senior member

Hi there
    I have a problem when I use the track replace function (bib) that the bounce ends before the actual track does. Very much like if there´s a threshold there. It is particularly problematic with cymbals at the end of a song.
    I have figured out that I can just put something loud after the track has ended but I wonder if a workaround is needed or if there is something that I can adjust that I cannot find.

All the Best
  3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

My suggestion is to report this to Apple: Logic Pro X menu>Provide Logic Pro Feedback.

There really isn't much to set up in the dialog box.
    Does the Include Volume/Pan Automation, or the Normalize settings make any difference.

Your work around may be the solution for now.
  4. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Try disabling the clip length box in the region inspector associated with the region that's getting cut off. See if that solves your issue
  5. HKC

HKC Senior member

I reported the issue. I don't know if normalize or automation makes any difference. Anyway the BIB file is without any of these included which is what I want it to be so even if it would make a difference it wouldn't be of much help.

The clip length parameter is only available on midi files. This problem is when "bibbing" audio files.

Thanks for the replies
  6. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Can you upload a project which has this problem?
  7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Thank you for the follow up.
    This information is potentially helpful to others who may have a similar issue.

My impression is that there were would no issues when not using automation or normalize. Since that's the case, it makes this situation more troublesome.

A question: Does this happen only with this particular project? Or with all?

As a troubleshooting measure try this:
    Open a new Empty project template.
    Import a few tracks known cut off before track's end into this Empty project using the File menu>Import>Logic Projects function.
    Then use the BIP replace tracks in this new project. Is the behavior still there???