1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reset Logic to default

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Kemper Watson, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

Is there a way to reset Logic to default settings, or at least undo the MIDI settings I have created? Thanks in advance..

3. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

I'm on a new Mac Mini, Logic X, need to undo some MIDI assignments. Can't seem to find the way to do that.

4. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hello,

Can you provide more details about which MIDI assignments? More information is needed to address your question.

5. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

In setting up the QU there is a video showing the console using the Mackie Control. It states that a MAckie Control is needed for each bank of 8 channels. In setting it up as per the video, several channels have been doubled and a few tripled..I would like to just undo this and either start over or just imput the hard drive recording I have already made..
    Thanks again ..

6. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

7. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

Screenshot of Mackie MIDI

Screen shot coming I promise..

8. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hello,

Use the Manage Attachments function located below the Reply to Thread box to upload your screenshots.

9. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Screen%20Shot%202015-04-06%20at%201.39.17%20PM(2).pdf

10. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

Screenshot of Mackie MIDI

Its a PDF file and I can't seem to resize it..

Attached Files:

11. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Manage Attachments- Check. Well done:thmbup:

Here are a couple of links on taking screen shots:
    http://www.cultofmac.com/163777/use-preview-to-take-your-screenshots-os-x-tips/

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/arti...how-to-take-mac-os-x-screenshots-with-preview

Take shots of selections of specific areas so that the details are easier to view.

Questions:
    - Have you read the Logic Pro Control Surfaces Support information? It's readily available from Logic's Help menu. Apple menu is on the left of your screen. Logic's Help menu is the last menu option to the right.

- Are the duplicated MIDI(?) channels in Logic's Mixer? The Environment? Or are you referencing something in the Control Surfaces setup window?

12. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

Reset to default

Each one of those Icons is supposed to be 8 channels of MIDI protocol , for a 24 channel console. The control overlaps. First bank of 8 started at channel 2. After that there are doubles and tripled control of the last 16 faders.. But I would just like to "undo" or delete these and not use the console at all, IF- I can used the 18 channels that the mixer records as a source imput..But I think as long as these icons are there, I cannot imput the hard drive..

The manual should go a bit deeper into setting up and getting information into Logic than it does-Especially for first time users..

13. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

You can control-click (right-click) on those icons in your previous screenshot to Delete them.

If that doesn't work, then it's possible that you'll need to delete a couple of Logic preference files.

14. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

This is in the Console setup MIDI environment.. I cannot find a way to delete or "undo" them..

15. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

I am reading in the QU manual and I think I had it set up wrong in the console..Know more later..

16. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Good to hear!

Just a thought.
    Once you work through the QU manual and get things set up in Logic, post a brief summary of the critical steps or settings. This would be helpful to others who may have a QU.