Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reverb on audio tracks

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by davehall, Nov 8, 2014.

1. davehall

davehall New Member

I'm a new user of LogicX and I've just recorded a live acoustic guitar track. Now I want to add reverb to it. When I click on "Show Smart controls" I get the window but there's a message that says:

"Insert a plug-in on the track's channel strip to use Smart controls.
    You can refine screen control mappings in the smart controls inspector>"

I don't know what this means, does anyone here?

3. SamC

SamC New Member

To insert reverb you need to click on the insertion area of the channel and chose a reverb, Space for example. Then the smart controls can show up for reverb when you open smart controls with the reverb selected.

However, you will probably have better success by using a bus for reverb. So on the acoustic channel select bus. You will see a selection of unused busses. Select bus 1, for example. Now there is a new channel strip in your mixer called aux 1. Insert the reverb on the aux 1 channel and use the volume on the acoustic channel (next to bus 1) to send your signal to reverb on the aux channel.

These are the two methods for using a plug in. The first is insert...more common for EQ and dynamics. The second is bus signals, more common for reverb, delays, etc.