Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Reversing Audio... and other functions

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by deanglover, Oct 6, 2009.

1. deanglover

deanglover New Member

i have an audio region... i select a certain portion of it, and double click it and it brings up the audio editor at the bottom

i've seen this window before, when i used to use Logic 7... so it's not completely Alien to me but how Reverse, and all the other functions are ALWAYS greyed out - i really can't get my head around what i need to do in order to enable these functions

again, probably just another minor point ive overlooked... and on the subject, what is the main purpose of the hyper editor?

3. jlproductions

jlproductions Member

open sample editor then"select all" perhaps?
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Are you sure you actually have a selection established when the Sample Editor is opened? I know it seems obvious, but it's worth making sure.

HyperEditor: For programming and editing MIDI events. Specifically many people like to program drums in it. And it's also often used for drawing in various MIDI CC information.
  5. deanglover

deanglover New Member

what am i doing wrong???
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

The problem is that you are trying to edit an mp3 file, or Apple Loop. This won't work. MP3s and compressed CAF files like Apple Loops are by definition compressed and cannot be altered destructively while in this state from within Logic. They have to be expanded/converted to a full fidelity 44.1/ 16 file in order to be able to carry out destructive edits (ie: changing the waveform, not region based editing).
  7. DonovanFraser

DonovanFraser New Member

How do you convert them into such a track?
  8. Eli

Eli Senior member

One simple way would be to select them in the Arrange Window and then choose convert regions to new audio files from under the local Audio menu.