1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ReWire not working in Logic X

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by GaryJackson, May 11, 2014.

1. GaryJackson

GaryJackson Member

Anyone know why Rewire is not working in Logic X?

This is my issue: I turn on ReWire in the audio preferences menu etc however when I go to use a Waves plugin say Vocal Tune, it won't lock or link correctly. I can't seem to find anyone else having issues and I assume not many people use the Rewire?

If anyone has any tips then I would appreciate you comments below.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

4. GaryJackson

GaryJackson Member

The Rewire I have is a not a separate program, but its installed in my waves area under rewire and its ticked in the logic audio plugins manager, so it should be fine. Its only to use wave plugins like vocal tune, thus when you click the plugin to a certain location it will change logic to the same location, etc. I don't know whats going on.
  5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

I've used ReWire with Logic and Live, not sure how rewire would work with a plug in Logic?

Do you have the 64 bit versions of the REX shared Library, and associated ReWire framework files?

Haven't ReWired in a while, but did have to update the shared library when attempting import RX2.

6. GaryJackson

GaryJackson Member

I have the rewire as a Waves plug in. As far as I understood it, for my purposes, I needed to insert the rewire plug in on an Aux track for it to work, then insert what I intended it to work with, i.e. Waves vocal tune.

However logic just won't see the rewire plug in. I have tried moving it in and out of the waves plugin directory, re-scaning etc, but to no avail.

I have latest version of Logic X - with Waves 64bit plugins I believe. (A version over 9 I think)

Any ideas?