1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rex2 in Pro X.

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Tux, May 10, 2014.

1. Tux

Tux Member

Does anyone use rex2 files in Pro X?
    I tried to import and convert one and a message box said my rex2 file was too old and I should update the file and try again to convert(import)
    Anyone have info on how to accomplish this?
    I'm using Maverick on a 2008 Mac Pro.
  3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Download the 64 bit REX Shared Library, from Propellorheads.

4. Tux

Tux Member

Rex2 in Pro X

Thanks for the tip.
    However I can't do this "In the All Files Browser, choose Convert ReCycle Files to Apple Loops from the Action pop-up menu." because I can't find the Action pop-up menu. Extremely frustrating after 5 hours work.
    Just for the fun of it, what in the world is the REX Shared Library called after it is installed? I've installed it 4 times successfully but can't use it because I can't find it.
    I've had better days.
    Thanks for any help!

5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

It in Library/Application Support/ Propellohead Software/ REX

I vaguely remember there being permission issues with the installer.
    here is a link from another forum on the issue, may be helpful.

By the way it works for me.
  6. Tux

Tux Member

.rx2 and sample tank import issues

My issue with loading .rx2 files into logic is solved by this procedure:
    In Kontakt under files I can locate the .rx2 files.
    Double click and they load into Kontakt.
    On a similar loading issue I'm unable to load any of my SampleTank 2.5 Sounds.
    The IK Multimedia instruments are not available in my AU Instruments input. so I looked into Kontakt/files/IK Multimedia but they were not there either.
    According to my SampleTank 2.5 Sounds location on a hard drive the sound files are of these types: sth, sti and stw.
    Anybody able to load these files?
    Thanks for any ideas.
  7. Eli

Eli Senior member

I think most of those IK Multimedia instruments are 32 bit. That's why they are not available.

FTR, a brand new 64 bit version of SampleTank is just around the corner. I have seen a beta version of it and it looks (and sounds) fantastic.

Here's some info from them on it:

SampleTank 3 will be 64-bit only, and you will be able to use previous Powered By SampleTank libraries (Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Sonik Synth, Xpansion Tanks, etc) inside SampleTank 3 and it will be definitely possible to import SampleTank 2 combis in SampleTank 3.

You can see a preview here: