1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland EP760 MIDI Problems!!!

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by The Donkey 68, Oct 1, 2013.

1. The Donkey 68

The Donkey 68 New Member

Hi all and wonder if anyone can help me!!

I've got LP X and an old Roland EP760 midi keyboard. The first thing I should point out is, I've no clue about MIDI. There's a cable from keyboard to Mac via MIDI to USB cable. I can hear the keyboard whilst using LP X but certain notes on the keyboard when pressed either "stutter" or they sustain on their own accord, making this very difficult to record. I want to use the fantastic voices on LPX for piano, brass and guitar but this problem is driving me up the wall. I've searched Roland' s website but offers nothing as the keyboard is discontinued.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the set up of MIDI which I can apply to this or, as I'm now thinking, perhaps upgrade to an M-Audio USB keyboard but I don't have money right now to do so.

Forgive me if I've confused anyone as to what I'm doing but this is a problem I've had since connecting MIDI leads into the keyboard and to the Mac.

Any help or pointers would be fantastic and thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers,

Donald:brkwl:

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Set your Roland keyboard MIDI Local Off, check at page 29 of your user manual.
    You could also check if the problem could becaused by an unduely instLlation of a controller, which occurs when MIDI loops happen.
    • To temporarily disable your control surfaces
      Choose Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Bypass all Control Surfaces.