1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sampling Kontakt Instruments in Autosampler

Discussion in 'Audio Units: Effect and Instrument Plugins' started by willnubu, May 23, 2010.

1. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

I'm trying to sample the Glassworks Library and I'm using Kontakt Player. I did everything I saw in the ES1 video, but every time I press start, it tells me no sound is emitted for every note to be sample.:brkwl:
  3. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

I Solved the problem, I didn't change the channel.:brkwl:
  4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

What does the Glassworks/Soniccouture EULA say about that?

5. mattrixx

mattrixx Senior member

That's an interesting question... If someone has bought a library, should they be allowed to use it in their compositions in the most efficient way possible? I'm not sure. However, if it ends up as identifiable audio/samples within a production, as long as the user has a paid license, it shouldn't matter how it got there.
    It could be seen in the same light as freezing, or bouncing a region of same said instrument/sample.

A little off topic by now I guess, but it raises interesting questions.
  6. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

I would think it is fine if the legal owner of the library does it and does not try to sell the conversion.
  7. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

They won't let me do it under the EULA, but I didn't realize when I bought it that the .nkx files couldn't be opened when I was using Translator to convert to .exs files and I spend $200 on this. So I know what has to be done.
  8. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

That is what I suspected.

Please refrain from discussing this in any detail here on the LUG. We highly respect intellectual property rights.

9. Andrea Gozzi

Andrea Gozzi New Member

... then you simply shouldn't do it. Respecting the work of the individuals and companies that create these sounds is not optional.

10. mattrixx

mattrixx Senior member

Well, there you go.. that's the answer. It doesn't get any more straight forward. My previous response was based upon the actual question, without an actual (or should I say factual?) answer. Big difference.