1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save as Package or Folder isn't enough

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by peterlemer, Oct 6, 2013.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

The file structure of my project is already well laid out.

But when I load Logic 9 songs into X it asks me to 'Save As':

Folder = full complement of ancillary folders that I don't need or
    Package = a single song icon with a full complement of ancillary folders as a hidden file family that I don't need.

Is there an option to simply save the new song as I wish and which inherits all the existing internal filepaths?

pete

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Have you tried excluding the assets when you are doing your Save As?

4. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen New Member

I would strongly advise you do NOT do that. Users have reported that after doing this they get a "regions changed in lenght" message and this messes up the anchors of the audio. This probably happens because LX stores some new metadata in the audiofiles.

5. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Eli: yes - the 'Save as' dialog defaults to exclusion. Perhaps that's inherited from my Logic 9?

I've tried saving in different formats and think I've got it under control now

<crosses fingers>

pete

6. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Kim: I've been doing it for years in previous versions and so far haven't found any problems. This project is one song in 4 parts, so although I have 4 projects on the go, they all share the same audio folder.

I shall look out for anomalies now you've mentioned them, & would like to know more

pete

7. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen New Member

It's a problem with L9 and LX projects using the same source audiofiles. Once the anchors are screwed up there is no going back. It is a rare problem but it exists.

8. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Kim:
    > L9 and LX projects using the same source audiofiles

ah, OK. I am producing only in X, occasionally opening a limited L9 version to check region placements.

thanks for the warning

pete