1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Score editor weirdness

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Ab van Goor, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Ab van Goor

Ab van Goor New Member

I purchased a tutorial video from Groove3 "Logic score editor explained" by Doug Zangar. It's based on Logic 9 and as far as I can see all works fine like it has been explained. Following the same explanation in Logic X gives weird results. Here's an example: I'd like to create a drum score so I program a midi
    file of the drums and look at it in the score editor. By default the HH is written on the 5th line but I want it to be written above the 5th line. To do so, in L9 I would open the stave window, click on the group HH and
    raise the position value from 0 to 0.5.
    Doing so in Logic X, nothing will happen. No matter what I do, the HH remains on line 5. When I try to change the position of Kick or Snare the result is that the notes will always jump to line 5 no matter the value changes.
    I was looking around if this behaviour is known as a bug but couldn't find anything.
    Anyone saw the same thing happen on his system or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

I've had big problems as well using mapped styles in Logic Pro X's Score window. Trying to offset the specific note positions on the staff does not work consistently. It was so unusable that I had to actually revert to Logic 9 for the specific purposes of controlling the placement of the individual notes in the Mapped Style.

I too am surprised at the relative lack of user comment and feedback on this issue. Please file a bug report about it with Apple:

4. Ab van Goor

Ab van Goor New Member

Thanks for the comment. I'll report to Apple
    and will keep L9 alongside for this kind of work.