1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 score/piano roll windows

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by ceol, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ceol

ceol New Member

Hi, Could anyone tell me if its possible in Logic Pro 9 to put on screen more than one track score or piano role at the same time. For example if you wanted to see the score/piano roll of a bass line track and a melody track at the same time. It seems that you can only bring up one track at a time but maybe I'm wrong.

3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

You can, actually. With the first piano roll (or score) window open, make sure the link icon (yellow chain) in the top left corner is NOT checked. Now go to the Window menu and open a new Arrange window. You can select a different track and open its piano roll or score window in that Arrange window and the first one will still display the first track you were editing.

It might take some clicking and dragging to place these windows on your screen real estate for optimum editing, but once you've got them how you like them you might want to assign a screenset to the arrangement you have, by selecting Duplicate Screenset from the Screenset menu and assigning a number to it.

4. ceol

ceol New Member

thanks sonny, I'll give that a try.

ceol

5. ceol

ceol New Member

that works grand. One other query, is it possible to reduce the size of the multiple windows so that its possible to have, say, 4 or 5 complete but small windows on screen at the same time