Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Score problem

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Hankfan, May 5, 2011.

1. Hankfan

Hankfan Member

I was happily entering text onto a score, thus: drag 'text' symbol from part box to score, write word, hit 'tab' to go to next note. This has now changed, and hitting Tab no longer moves the cursor to the next note. Now, for no apparent reason, when I hit 'tab' the word is greyed out, and when I enter a letter, Logic goes to a completely unexpected and unpredictable menu option. For example, letter 'b' gives me the bin. What has happened? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance
  3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

To get text to go to the next note, it must be a "lyric" type of text. Normal text doesn't snap to notes via tab.

"Lyric" is just to the right of "text" in the partbox.
  4. Hankfan

Hankfan Member

Thank you very much! My brain must have fallen out
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

George - congratulations on the musical!

(Hankfan has a hugely successful musical running currently in Montreal)
  6. Hankfan

Hankfan Member

Thanks Eli - it's a blast! I was able to generate some leadsheets with Logic using Score. That was 6 weeks ago - I'm just brushing up on my rapidly-deteriorating skill set!
  7. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

George, more congratulations on the musical.

Brains do have a tendency to fall out, mine does quite regularly.

If you are using the score big time, you might be interested in my Combo Remapper (shameless plug) which seamlessly converts text and score symbols to articulation changes in various Software Instruments.
  8. Hankfan

Hankfan Member

Thank you, Pete.
    Your web site will be a valuable resource - thanks v. much for the tip. BTW I was born and raised in Sussex (nr. Eastbourne).