Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scoring in logic pro X

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by TechDAWg, Aug 13, 2013.

1. TechDAWg

TechDAWg New Member

I have a two track piano part: (Tr1=Right hand, Tr2=Left Hand). I would like to print the piano part Tr1=Staff with G key Tr2=Staff with F key. I didn't find a solution in the user guide. anybody has an idea?

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Assign each track a unique staff style (you can use the duplicate command), open the track styles window, use transpose feature. This will do a visual modulation only, will not affect pitch. You will likely need to lower/raise all notes a whole step on one track (assuming your starting key is either F or G).

4. TechDAWg

TechDAWg New Member

My native language is french so maybe I misled you by misusing the word keys. I looked it up in wikipedia and now i hope I'm using the right terminology.

The two tracks are in the same key B major. All I want is the left hand on the lower staff (Bass clef) and the right hand on the upper staff (Treble clef). What I'm unable to do is have both tracks appear in the score window I also can't change the staff system for each track. The first track uses a two stave system (for piano) and the second one uses a single staff with treble clef.

Thanks for your help.

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Yes, I was confused...... no problem. Perhaps I still am, but here is my suggestion.

So, you have two tracks. Track one is to be assigned to the right hand and track two to be assigned to the left hand. I think you should merge the tracks into one track, using the following method.

Select track one, open in event list. Make sure all notes are assigned to MIDI channel 1. If not, reassign them to that.

Go to score editor inspector, change staff style to Piano1/3.

Select track two, open in event list. Change all notes to MIDI channel 3. Merge track one and two together. If you lose the Piano 1/3 staff style, just reassign it.

If you want to retain these as two separate tracks, the procedure is a little different.

6. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

You're not seeing both tracks in the score because of the Link mode.
    Look for the little chain symbol in the toolbar area of the score window. If it's any color, click on it and it will turn "off" and you should see all tracks/parts in the score.

To get the clefs, do this:
    Click on the Instrument name in the score to select all regions on one track. If the names are not showing, just click on the left, next to one part.
    With all regions selected, go to the Inspector and click on Style. Select Treble for the right hand regions.
    Now select all the bass regions and go to Style and select Bass.

Doug's suggestion above may be better though because your two staves will be joined like a piano part should be.

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Let me throw yet another suggestion into the pot here for you :D

Create a score set containing the two tracks. That way you can view them together as necessary. Set the staff style to treble clef for the top one and bass clef for the bottom one. That should do it.

8. TechDAWg

TechDAWg New Member

Thanks to everyone. Finally the Link Mode was my main problem. After I followed Colin's advice (turning off the Link mode) I was able to make the score appear as I wanted it to. The two staves are even joined like a piano part should be. I was even able to put a title at the top of the first page. Doug's method might have been better but I didn't want to change the MIDI channel since the two tracks are played by the same instrument.