Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Maestro/Ensemble poweruser

Discussion in 'Audio Units: Effect and Instrument Plugins' started by xmiinc, Oct 17, 2013.

1. xmiinc

xmiinc Member

I've got Apogee's Ensemble connected to a Mac FW400 port (directly, no hub; OS10.6.eight) and I've never had an easy time with Ensembles routing paradigm...but for the life of me, I can't figure out why I can see an audio output on channels 1 and 2 when I play audio from an internet browser, but no input appears when I switch the Meter Display to Input, as well as not being able to record that input in Logic (with input-monitoring and rec-enable engaged). Since no input is seen by Ensemble I also can't route the 1-2 inputs to any other outputs.

(I CAN, obviously, patch the 1-2 outputs into other Ensemble inputs with cables and get a signal...but that's absurd to have to do that while Maestro is sitting there to do that job internally)

What am I missing in understanding how the Ensemble receives audio and routes audio around?

I've studied the Ensemble User Guide; I have futzed endlessly with its From Software/To Hardware drop-down menus in Maestro, and messing with the appropriate faders, but somehow I just don't "get" how Apogee intends Maestro's mixers to be used generally, or for i/o routing...and there's precious little written about practical applications.
  3. xmiinc

xmiinc Member

Or at least...anyone have any insight as to why browser-based audio isn't considered an "input" to an audio interface with an i/o matrix? Can it really be true that I have to patch Mac audio-out into an Ensemble stereo pair...even though Mac audio is already present at the outputs of the Ensemble? Seems wacky...need confirmation of this.