Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 sending a song to get mastered

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Taybot, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Taybot

Taybot Senior member

I was wondering if I have a song with a ton of midi instrument tracks, and a ton of vocal tracks, and I mix it, all in logic 8, and I want to pay someone to master it, how do I do render the files?

What is the process to do this? Should I export them all as audio files? I think people told me to do that, but I can't remember.

Or actually I don't even know what type of file to give these people. Should I give them a wav file of the song? Or the whole thing tracked out?

Thanks everyone. I just have a ton of questions lately cuz I started recording vocals at my spot and I'm obsessed with getting it to sound tight like the stuff I hear on the radio but I really don't know anything about this stuff. Thanks again.

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Just give them a 24 bit wav file of your mix. Mix with a reasonably high level (close to 0dB headroom), but do not normalise it or dither it. If it is to be mastered, don't add any EQ or compression yourself on the output bus.

4. Taybot

Taybot Senior member

Cool thanks