Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 separate tracks for drums

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Caran, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Caran

Caran New Member

Hi,

I use EZ drums. I recorded all drums in one track. Now I want to equalize separate (bass drum, snare drum, hihats, ...).

I guess the only way to do that is to put the drums on more tracks and equalize each track. But ... every track I create will use a virtual instrument (Ez drums) and will overload my pcu/memory, not ? I will need 5 or 6 tracks for the drums.

Is there a way to create tracks and only use one virtual instrument for all those tracks ? Or any other solution ? Or am I completely wrong ? :)

Thanks,
    Caran

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

It depends on your system.

I would have thought most systems that run Logic these days won't be upset by half a dozen EZ drummers.

Best thing is to try it and see what happens.

4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Doesn't EZ drums have a multi put mode?

If the plug-in has a multi output version, when you initially select the instrument, there is a stereo out up version and a multi output version. Select the Multi version (depending on the maker of the plug-in, it might say something like "8 X stereo 8 X mono", "16 Stereo", etc).

Then once you have done this, your main instrument fader will have a small "+" sign. Each time you hit it it will make another aux return from the plug-in, and these will have 1 sound, usually kik, then snare, etc. Each sound can then be processed any way you want.

5. pfloyd714714

pfloyd714714 Senior member

George is right about EZDrummer having multi-output capabilities. Go to EZDrummer's mixer. In the lower left corner of the mixer you'll be able to choose between "Stereo" and "Multioutput." When you choose the latter you'll see which channels the different drums will be sent to. You set up these channels in Logic's mixer in the manner which George described.

Jim

6. Caran

Caran New Member

Nice, that works ! Thank you !

What about a virtual instrument for strings (East West). They take a lot of memory, especially in combination with the virtual piano.

Is there a way to use the string instrument on several tracks ? Or is the number of tracks not important ? I mean is there a difference in :
    1. virtual instrument y with 1 track
    2. 5 virtual instrument y (5 exactly the same virtual instruments) with 5 tracks

Thanks,
    Carl