Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Serious Automation Bug

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by HKC, Jan 21, 2013.

1. HKC

HKC Senior member

Hi everyone
    I have tried to post this issue before but I don't think anybody really understood the meaning of it:)
    Here it is again (and it is kind of complicated):

I have on numerous occasion experienced that the latency compensation don't work correctly on buses when set to "all". Instead it seems to follow the display.....

It is not easily reproducible but in cases where it occurs it happens (in a simplified description) like this:
    It always occurs in a song with quite a lot going on which means heavily latency inducing plugins on the master etc.
    If I insert a klopfgeist, route it to a bus and make a simple count in an object (1-2-3-4) all the way through the song and ie in bar 21 take it all the way down in volume on the bus (with the setting on "all") then the volume change is not precise. Far from it, actually it can be as much as half a bar and probably is delayed by whatever latency I have induced. If I make the same volume change on the channel instead of the bus it behaves like it should, and if I keep it on the bus but change the latency comp to "audio and software...." it also behaves fine.

This is of course a terrible problem and what makes it worse is that it doesn't happen on all occasions so it's hard to explain. Has anybody else ever experienced this.

Otherwise I will have to do the hard work myself and start a project from zero and see if I can trace the source of it myself.

All the Best
    HKC

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Is the automation involved here TBA or RBA?

4. HKC

HKC Senior member

What is TBA and RBA .......

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

TBA = track based automation

RBA = region based automation

6. HKC

HKC Senior member

Thanks
    Hmm I'm not sure if I understand the difference but if it means whether it's midi control that is readable in event-edit or one of those that you can select in the "arrange" left side on the track, it's the latter.

All the Best
    HKC

7. Doug Zangar

That's a usable definition. Region based means it's MIDI information contained within the MIDI region. And you would see it in the event list. The "latter" is indeed TBA.

That all said, I can only answer the definition of terms - not sure why you're having this problem.

8. HKC

HKC Senior member

Thanks
    I have used both often but wasn't aware of the abbreviation :)

Since nobody else seem to experience this and I do on a regular basis I wonder if it has something to do with a certain plugin. I have to go through the songs in question quite meticulously which will be very time consuming but also necessary I'm afraid.

9. Doug Zangar

Do update if you are able to discover an offending plug-in or resolve it in another manner, thanks.

10. HKC

HKC Senior member

I will but it's very complex. The current session that misbehaves is one of 6 (recorded within a few days using the same autoload base and set up almost identically in terms of mix) and there seem to be no obvious reason why this particular session has the "lag".
    It's really weird and like I explained earlier only concerns automation on buses.

All the Best
    HKC