1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Setting Midi Delay for Ext Instruments?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by mikekiraly1, May 11, 2010.

1. mikekiraly1

mikekiraly1 New Member

Hello all,

I feel like an idiot here, but it has been years since I have tried to incorporate an external midi instrument into my setup and something is not working for me.

I want to compensate for the latency by setting a negative delay value, which is working wonderfully if I select a midi region and change it's delay value. But I don't want to do this at the region level. I want to do this at the instrument level. I have tried setting the delay on the individual channels of the Multi Instrument in the environment, but that isn't doing anything.

Again, if I set the delay at the region level, it is flawless. But I don't want to have to remember to do this everytime I record a new region. Can't I get Logic to always negatively delay the midi for just that instrument at all times?

Thanks in advance for any help!

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

The same delay setting is available in the track parameter settings - that would affect all regions.