Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X setting up sustain pedal

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by okochokoch, Oct 28, 2015.

1. okochokoch

okochokoch New Member

sustain pedal works when i use vintage electric piano logic software instrument
    when I use an acoustic piano software instrument pedal down i get sustain but sustain continues after pedal is up. I know there is simple way to fix this but can't remember how to do it. I did it before by checking a box but can't find the window with this option.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

What you describe looks like Logic does not receive the CC#64 (sustain pedal MIDI data) up message, which is strange as it receives the down message (as it reacts appropriately to it, according to your post)...
  4. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

Make sure your jack is in the socket properly. Possibly you need to try reversing the polarity of the pedal. Hopefully you will have a switch on the side or underneath of the pedal to tdothat.
  5. Jonathan Stapleton

Jonathan Stapleton New Member

Bit late here, but isn't it the case (with some sustain pedals at least) that if you depress (and hold) the pedal while powering up the keyboard it will reverse the polarity?