1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shortcut-toggle for the trackheader

Discussion in 'Logic Wishlist' started by Ming, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Ming

Ming Member

Wish for a "Trackheader show/hide" function including a user-definable shortcut key-command. The trackheader is the largest fixed component in the arrange-window. Once set up, tracks can often be identified by their region-names and/or their colour. The user might at times instead prefer to have a quick, free window for overview or precise editing. The Inspector can be toggled showing channel-strip setting, name and instrument for the selected track. A 'thin bar' to the left in the arrange-window, present at all times could be there to indicate used or empty tracks in trackhead-hide mode, toggled with a single key-stroke.

The popular MacBook models, in particular the 13" model with it's limited screen-size would benefit greatly from such a function. With more and more editing being done directly in the arrange-window it makes sense to add an option to quickly enlarge the arrange-window for good overview or really zoomed-in editing, utilizing new features implemented in this window. Thereby making the Logic software more adapted for the plenty of laptop users. A toggle-trackheader is in my opinion consistent with the rest of the one-window philosophy and would make it's design more flexible for more Logic users.
  3. EricBradley

EricBradley New Member

Logic 9 has that key command.:cool:
  4. Ming

Ming Member

Tell me where is it, you must, (I know where you live,) Seriously, Is it really there??
  5. Ming

Ming Member

I have L9. I know the shortcut-transport is there but it does not work on the transport that's glued to the arrange-window, it works with on an extra free-floating transport though. But track-header toggle I can't find, searched the shortcuts menu for all toggles.
  6. Ginger

Ginger Member

Look for Hide/Show Transport, which is different from Toggle Transport.

Hide/Show Toolbar is new, and also very useful.
  7. Ming

Ming Member

That was absolutely what I wanted!! Such smoth working toggle. ...so now what do you want? Thankss!!!
  8. Ginger

Ginger Member

Nothing - if you can convince Apple to add a few combination key commands, like eg. "Hide/Show Transport, Tool Bar, Editor and List/Note/Media"!
  9. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I like the idea of that, although at present the easiest way to accomplish this ( at least, if what you want to see is an arrange without transport, Tool Bar, Media etc.) would be to simply set up and use a screenset with a "naked" arrange window showing.

kind regards

10. Ming

Ming Member

It is (and must be) an integrated part of the drawer or flip-slop windows philosophy. So if  forgot a key to open or close one of the drawers, an eehum, u forgot to put a knob on the door... would do it.