Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 shorten midi clip from left side?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by lowgic, Aug 7, 2009.

1. lowgic

lowgic New Member

OK. Potentially a dumb question:

how do I shorten midi clip from left side? I can drag audio clips from left or right side, but midi only from the right. If I drag from the left it just pops back after I let go of it...

(Logic 9)

edit: I managed to shorten the clip one midi note only from the left side, thought I was getting somewhere, but the note still plays even though the region is shorter now and no longer showing that note.

any ideas?

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

This is just the way it is with MIDI regions. There's no magic answer.

As a workaround, try positioning the playhead where you need the region to start from, and then use the split region at playhead position command (default key command is \ ) Then you can delete the first region.

4. lowgic

lowgic New Member

Thanks Eli- not a huge issue, but strange.

5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Maybe because audio regions are like "windows" showing parts of a file on the disk whereas MIDI regions do actually contain data?

6. Larry

Larry New Member

My experience has been : this happens when certain data exists in the area that will
    "disappear" when the MIDI clip is shortened from the left. Patch name definitely and I think 007 velocity.

Move this data downstream to the new starting point and you'll be able to move
    the left edge OK.