Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 sidechain randomly loses bus assignment

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by eatthebeat, Jan 31, 2012.

1. eatthebeat

eatthebeat New Member

Sometimes I'll open a session that I'm producing or mixing and find that a plugin has "forgotten" it's sidechain assignment. Where I've previously bussed a kick drum to the sidechain input of a compressor plug (Softube FET, McDSP 6030, etc) or gate, the plug will still be set to "key" or "ext" but the sidechain input in logic has defaulted to no input. This has randomly happened for months and through several updates of all software involved (OSX, Logic, 3rd party plug manufacturers). It tends to happen on pretty involved mix sessions with a large track count and lots of plugin instances, which is why it's even more unnerving because it might go un-noticed when printing a simple revision at 4am. Is this a known problem and if so how are people solving it?

Also, why to big pops sometimes happen at the beginning of fades? It's fixed when I change the numeric value of the fade length.

BTW - I love Logic and have converted after a decade of being a diehard Pro Tools user.