1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Simplifying sample path and exs24?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by daveyboy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Is there a way I can tell the exs24 where to look for its samples? When loading certain patches a dialog box comes up asking which location I'd like to use as its in multiple places. Maybe there's a preference I need to delete or a setting I can make so this box doesn't appear anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

There used to be a product out by a company called Redmatica called "EXS Manager" that would resolve the duplicates issue by relinking all your EXS files with the samples. Apple bought them and they no longer sell this any more. We can expect this to part of Logic Pro X i suspect.

This is caused by moving around your ESX libraries from one place to another, and making multiple copies as a result. There is currently no other way to fix this other than opening and resaving each EXS patch.
  4. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Thanks George and that's a bummer. It's odd that it's not all my libraries though. I noticed it this week when using just the single drum hits. Maybe I can come up with a quick workflow to re save things, or, I just won't worry about it;-)
  5. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

I just set up a quick keys script and automated the whole process an then had quick keys loop it for chunks of a 100 times. On my system it was the single drum hits that were consistently having this issue. Most everything else seems to be functioning normally.
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Dave,

This may or may not be of help to you in your situation, but there is a preference window available from the Options button on the EXS 24 main plug-in window. In the preferences, there is an option to restrict the EXS 24 to searching for samples either on local or external drives.

Attached Files: