Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 sluggish 9.1.6?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by DavidM, Dec 26, 2011.

1. DavidM

DavidM New Member

hi all,
    just upgraded from 9.1.3 to 9.1.6 and when calling up new instruments it seems to take a least twice as long to load apple software instruments. It that the deal or is something amiss with my set up?
    thanks
    iMac 3.2GHz Intel Core i3
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

thanks,
    David

3. charlie

charlie Senior member

I see you have 4 gigs of RAM. That's cutting things pretty close nowadays as Logic can/will try to use 4 gigs in 32-bit land.
    I don't know if it makes any difference but I updated from 9.0 incrementally to 9.1.6 and have no issues of which you speak...
    I'd be curious to see if anyone else has upgraded (skipping updates) from an earlier version to the present one with any similar issues...?
    It might be a good thing to boost your RAM in general so that your system has enough space to run Logic and the OS without them fighting for system power...

Also, have you tried running the Disc Utility program to check out your HD? Are you running your Logic projects off another drive?
    You can always re-install and then upgrade Logic too, though that will kill half a day...

Is it only Logic's VI's that take a while to load up? How about if you open a Logic effect (like Space Designer?) do those load right up or do they also take a while to instanciate?
    Do 3rd party VIs take a while to load as well?

4. DavidM

DavidM New Member

Thanks Charlie, definitely am going to up the ram. Will try loading SD and see how quick it goes.
    DavidM